We use our best endeavours to safeguard the privacy of its website visitors. This policy explains our practices regarding the website data processing in relation to our web site.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal details appropriate to the service you require. In some areas, this may simply mean registering your name, address and email details. In other on-line forms and applications will require more information so that all the elements of your service request can be dealt with in an appropriate manner.
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- When you purchase a service or product from us, which will usually involve us creating an invoice account.
- We will collect your full name, email address, company name (if applicable), billing details and, if you are creating an account, you will be asked to provide a password.
- When you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
- From documents that are available to the public, such as the electoral register.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
Technical device information, including the device used to access our website (i.e. desktop, mobile or tablet)
Information about your visit, including products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, whether our documents have been downloaded and if you have subscribed to our mailing lists.
We do not anticipate collecting any special categories of personal details, within the meaning of the Data Protection Laws. For example, information about your health or ethnic origin.
However, in the event that we wish to do so, you will be asked to expressly consent to the collection and processing of any Personal Data and are under no obligation to provide such consent.
If you are unable to ensure that you have all necessary and appropriate consents in place, please do not transfer, or otherwise provide the third party’s personal data to us.
What do we use personal information for?
There are various reasons that we need to collect personal data. For example, we may need to ask you for your contact details for correspondence purposes. Subject to your agreement we may contact you to either provide information about new products and services that are coming on line, or get your feedback on our products and services. In any event we will only ever obtain information from you that is “fit for purpose” and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. We shall only use your personal data for the following purposes and shall not keep such Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and conduct research (including creating statistical and testing information). We will not use your personal data for automated profiling to carry out automated decisions such as evaluating credit without your express consent.
- To allow us to contact you (including mail, email, telephone, visit, text or multimedia messages) about products and services offered by us that are similar to those that we have already provided to you, or that we have a legitimate interest to contact you about, unless you have asked us not to do so. You can manage your preferences at any time by contacting us.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired or are in the process of being acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us, about our customers, will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
The types of third parties that we use include:
- Customer Relationship Management software providers.
- Secure online payment platforms.
- Secure online accounting platforms
In connection with any transaction which we enter into with you:
If you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may share it with other people and organisations. We, and other credit and insurance organisations, may also use technology to detect and prevent fraud.
Sharing Information for marketing purposes
We do not share any customer information collected with marketing, or other third party organisations that could use your personal data for marketing purposes.
In accordance with the Data Protection Laws, we adopt strict security measures to protect your personal data.
- All Personal Data you provide digitally to us is stored on our secure servers.
- Any payments are taken online securely by direct bank to bank transfer or a secure payment gateway
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal data to you.
- We will only retain your personal data as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. This will usually be for a period of seven years.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use, or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- In some circumstances we may anonymise your Personal Data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We are keen to ensure that we are providing our clients with services that they need. Consequently, you may receive occasional e-mail messages from us on matters that we consider may be of interest to you, or in relation to supporting services you have purchased, or otherwise subscribed to, if you have provided your email address to us for this purpose.
Information to improve our site
We collect web statistics automatically about your visit to our site based on your IP address. This information is used to help us follow browsing preferences on our site so that we can regularly improve our web site. We do not use this information to identify you as an individual and you will remain anonymous, unless you are asked to identify yourself by completing a form or an online transaction. The information we gather will also enable us to better understand your needs and how you use our web site and services so that we can continue to improve our performance over time.
With respect to security: We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
Access to Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you can make a formal request for the following information:
- clarification that your personal data is being processed by us
- a description and copy of such personal data
- the reasons why such data is being processed
- details of to whom they are or may be disclosed
Consumers can access this information by e-mailing us at email@example.com Upon request we offer consumers the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in contact information. Consumers can have this information corrected by sending us e-mail at the above email address.
If you have any comments or concerns regarding this policy please contact us
Ilfracombe Golf Club
You can also request information by getting in touch at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745 or Fax: 01625 524510
You would like to book a Tee Time?
Please try our online booking facility